Sunday 26 June 2016

4

Well, the last week was a retread of want went before. I finished the first module in the Web Development track on Team Treehouse and progressed to CSS basics. It was very helpful to go through it all again, especially with respect to the box model and floating in general. I have a much improved feel for how the whole caboodle fits together. Now it's just a question of applying this knowledge through practice.

As I think I've previously mentioned, I bought the domain mouseispressed.com. I have uploaded a custom site purely to get a better feel for what the process of making a website involves. What surprised me most is the sheer amount of coding employed for a fairly basic-looking site. There appeared to be a number of 'normalising' CSS folders for IE8 and IE9 which I'm guessing I should leave as they are. I have a relatively good idea of what I can safely expunge.

So, the question now is 'what is mouseispressed.com?' The initial idea was that it would be a workshop in which I could practice and demonstrate what I have learned. But now I want it to be a bit more than that, there needs to be an objective.

However, with a name like mouseispressed.com it isn't immediately apparent what its purpose should be. The name is a reference to Java Script and at the time I thought I was being clever. At least now I have the creative task to make it relevant, to something. Maybe it could be a blog about a mouse who has a great deal of work to do in an ever-tightening schedule? Hell, maybe I could make that work.

But no.

Perhaps it should simply be a portfolio of projects, a step up from a workbench alone. Still, I like the idea of pretending to be a games developer. That could be a lot of fun.

I will think on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment